Jaymie Meyer and Resilience for Life
Working virtually, I provide private coaching to individuals seeking lifestyle change. In addition to work/life balance, areas of health in which I focus include stress reduction, weight control, and optimal sleep.
In private practice since 2000 and founder of ResilienceForLife.com, I’m among the first to be recognized as a National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach. I am also a certified Stress Management Specialist, Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT), PCC credentialed coach through the International Coaching Federation, licensed HeartMath® provider and certified Ayurveda Health Educator. I’m passionate about an integrative approach, using ancient wisdom and modern science to help clients achieve optimal results.
It’s important to note that in my role as a coach, educator and Yoga Therapist, I am not a medical practitioner. The work I do treats the whole individual, not conditions. The wisdom of an holistic approach is that all aspects of the individual are addressed.
I’ve presented Resilience for Life Stress Reduction and HeartMath Resilience Advantage workshops at the National Institutes for Health, IBM, Columbia University, Panasonic, Stanford University Graduate School, the Arthritis Foundation and many other companies and institutions.
As a spokesperson and educator, I presented national webinars for Humana for 10 years and served for 2 years as a member of the Dr. Dean Ornish faculty working as a Stress Management Specialist for his Program for Reversing Heart Disease. For 10 years, I served as a Senior Faculty for the Integral Yoga Academy and co-taught Stress Management Teacher Trainings in VA, NY and SF. I currently work as a Master Teacher/Mentor in the Yoga for Arthritis teacher training program.
Select Certifications and Training
- National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach – NBC-HWC
International Consortium for Health & Wellness Coaching
- Certified Conscious Business Coach – BetterUp
- Professional Certified Coach – PCC
International Coaching Federation
- Certified Yoga Therapist – C-IAYT
International Association of Yoga Therapists
- Certified HeartMath Trainer and HeartMath Interventions Program for Health Professionals
Rollin McCraty, Ph.D, Director of Research, Institute of HeartMath
- Motivational Interviewing Intensive, Level I
Steven Malcolm Berg-Smith, MS, MINT Member
- Advanced Yoga and Ayurveda; Mantra and Primal Sound
American Institute of Vedic Studies
With Dr. David Frawley and Shambhavi Chopra
- Yoga for Arthritis
With Dr. Steffany Moonaz, Ph.D.
- Mindfulness Based Stress-Reduction in Mind-Body Medicine
With Jon Kabat Zinn and Saki Santorelli
- Certified Life Coach: Coach Training Alliance
With Dr. Jackie Black
- New Life Story Wellness Coach: Mentor Path
With Dr. David Krueger
- Stress Management Theory and Practicum, Raja Yoga: The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Gentle Yoga, Philosophy, Theory and Practice: Asana and Pranayama (500 hours)
Integral Yoga Institute, NYC
- Basic and Advanced Relax and Renew® Trainer (Therapeutic Restorative)
With Judith Lasaster, PhD
- Therapeutic Yoga
With Cheri Clampett and Arturo Peal
- Application of Breath Centered Yoga
The Breathing Project
- Anatomically Based Curriculum for Teachers – Yin Yoga TT, Subtle Body Anatomy: Chakras and Meridians
With Paul and Suzee Grilley
- Bereavement and Grief Related Issues
Calvary Hospital, Bronx, NY
- Master Level Reiki Certification (Usui System)
With Dina Kennedy